Polar Introduces RCX3 Training ComputerJune 6, 2012 No Comments
Polar (www.polarusa.com) has introduced the new GPS-ready RCX3 training computer that gives instant feedback after every session. The RCX3 interprets what users’ heart data says to provide simple-to-understand guidance at every step – making their training smarter. The RCX3 is now available in two slim and sleek black and white designs.
The Polar RCX3 comes with Smart Coaching that provides guidance in terms of planning, training and analyzing each session in detail. It helps users train at the right intensity with personalized sport zones, sport-specific training data for a variety of endurance sports and instant feedback after each session for a quick motivational training analysis.
Key RCX3 Features:
- Training Benefit: This new feature gives instant feedback after each session based on the intensity and the duration of exercise. A summary appears right after each session and provides a quick overview. Users can then check their training file to find more detailed information on the session.
- ZoneOptimizer: Knowing how hard to train can be a challenge and it depends on many factors, including physical and mental state, stress, sleep, and previous training. The ZoneOptimizer feature eliminates guesswork by adjusting personal heart rate zones based on a user’s current physiological condition. It guides training at the right intensity, making every session more effective.
- Training Load: This feature within www.polarpersonaltrainer.com displays a color-coded graph of a user’s cumulative training load, notifying a person when he or she has recovered enough for the next session, and accurately predicting training developments to prevent overtraining. This data also provides intelligence to modify training sessions as necessary.
- Running Index: The RCX3 calculates Running Index, which scores a run based on speed and distance data from the stride sensor or GPS and heart rate data. By recording Running Index over time, users can monitor progress. Improvement in Running Index means that running at a given pace requires less of an effort, or that pace is faster at a given level of exertion. Running Index also provides daily information on running performance level, which may vary from day to day.
- polarpersonaltrainer.com: This free online training diary provides users with a deeper analysis of their sessions and allows users to share sessions with friends and see their training load to help plan their next training sessions. Users can also create complete endurance training programs for running and cycling, including warm-up, work and cool-down sessions. The training programs can be easily synched to the RCX3 via the DataLink data transfer unit.
The RCX3 training computer has a large user-configurable display which can show up to three rows of training data on one screen. With just a few button presses, the Sport Profiles can adjust the training computer’s display settings to the sport being performed. Four Sport Profiles come pre-loaded into the RCX3, including settings for two bikes which creates ease for cyclists when switching bikes.
The RCX3 comes with the comfortable WearLink®+ transmitter W.I.N.D. which measures heart rate using propriety heart rate sensing and transmission technology of Polar, and seamlessly adapts to the user’s body shape. The RCX3 is also available in three sets.
The GPS set comes with the extremely small G5 GPS sensor which measures highly accurate speed/pace and distance and allows users to see their route on a map at www.polarpersonaltrainer.com after the session. Rechargeable via micro USB for up to 20 hours of training, the G5 is light to wear with a GPS clip or in a pocket.
Tags: gps, polar electro, rcx3, trainerFeatures, Post Patterns, Product Gallery, Strength/Conditioning, Technology, Weight Training